Incubators, industrial and technological parks
The main purpose of these entities is to support newly established and developing companies by offering institutional support and often comprehensively prepared investment areas with strong emphasis on supporting innovative activities.
Wielkopolska – The best place for your investment
Entrepreneurs interested in allocating their economic activity in Wielkopolska can use more than 3,000 ha of well-prepared investment areas, including almost 300 ha located in Special Economic Zones. Information about investment proposals can be found in the Database of investment areas and at: www.investinwielkopolska.pl.
The Wielkopolska Region is building its investor support system based on the dynamically operating Investors and Exporters’ Service Centre and the Investor Assistance Centre which offer aid at every stage of investment, annually updated base of investment proposals and cooperation with the Polish Information and Foreign Investments Agency. The efficiently functioning system is based on good relations with local governments in Wielkopolska, which prepare investment proposals, collect information concerning local market and create packages of investment incentives which attract foreign and domestic investors.
Assistance to foreign investors is provided by:
Special Economic Zone (SEZ) is part of Polish territory which is administered separately and allocated for the running of businesses on preferential terms. A SEZ is a place which is subject to special treatment and tax exemptions where an entrepreneur can establish a business on a specially prepared site.
In an SEZ the entrepreneur can obtain the following privileges
- tax exemption (CIT or PIT),
- a site fully prepared for development by the investor at a competitive price,
- free assistance in dealing with formalities in connection with the investment,
- exemption from property tax (on the territory of certain communes).
Subzones in the Special Economic Zones located in Wielkopolska effectively attract the investors who are eligible for the state aid. Expenses eligible for regional aid in a SEZ include costs of a new investment project or newly employed employees.
- The minimal level of investment enabling a company to use the public aid in a SEZ is EUR 100,000.
- The cost of work of newly employed staff is the gross cost over a two year period, increased by the mandatory payments linked with their employment, incurred by the employer from their first day of employment.
- The permitted level of public aid available to the entrepreneur is dependent on the location of the investment and the size of the business seeking tax relief.
For more details, please go to Legal System and Public Aid.
SEZs in Wielkopolska
In Poland, there are 14 special economic zones. Five of them are located in Wielkopolska:
- Kostrzyn-Słubice Special Economic Zone — subszones: Chodzież, Poznań, Swarzędz, Nowy Tomyśl, Buk, Przemęt, Stęszew, Wronki, Wągrowiec, Śmigiel, Gniezno, Kwilcz. Available area in Wielkopolska – 157.59 ha (as at April 2016). Major investors in the zone: Volkswagen Poznań Sp. z o.o., Europol Meble S.A.
More information at: www.kssse.com
- Łódź Special Economic Zone — subszones: Koło, Nowe Skalmierzyce, Ostrzeszów, Turek, Przykona, Kalisz. Available area in Wielkopolska – 48.04 ha (as at April 2016). Major investors in the zone: MP Production Sp. z o.o., Meyer Tool IGT Sp. z o.o., SFB Polska Sp. z o.o.
More information at: www.sse.lodz.pl/en/
- Pomeranian Special Economic Zone – subzone: Piła, Czarnków. Available area in Wielkopolska – 14.30 ha (as at April 2016). Major investors in the zone: Polskie Zakłady Zbożowe sp. z o.o, Steico sp. z o.o.
More information at: www.strefa.gda.pl/en
- Kamienna Góra Special Economic Zone for Small Business – subzone: Ostrów Wielkopolski. Available area in Wielkopolska – 4.39 ha (as at April 2016). Major investors in the zone: JUCON Elżbieta Linkowska, Przedsiębiorstwo Produkcyjno Usługowo Handlowe “PREBET-BUD” Spółka Jawna
More information at: www.en.ssemp.pl
- Wałbrzych Special Economic Zone – subzones: Jarocin, Kalisz, Kościan, Krotoszyn, Książ Wielkopolski, Leszno, Rawicz, Śrem, Września. Available area in Wielkopolska – 203.48 ha (as at April 2016). Major investors in the zone: Gestamp Polska sp. z o.o., Volkswagen Poznań sp. z o.o., BASF Polska sp. z o.o., REHAU sp. z o.o., Mahle Polska sp. z o.o.
More information at: www.invest-park.com.pl/en
Detailed information concerning land available in SEZ subzones in Wielkopolska is provided by self-governments where the subzones are located.
Information about the terms of investment in Special Economic Zones is available at the website of the Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency at: www.paiz.gov.pl.